Caulipower is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2, tied to the 2017 Luck O' the Zombie event. He hypnotizes zombies like Hypno-shroom, and targets zombies in the same manner as Electric Blueberry, Mostly random, but is more likely to target weaker zombies. He hypnotizes a zombie approximately every 12 seconds. Since he uses a beam to hypnotize zombies, non-eating zombies like Gargantuars can be hypnotized, unlike with Hypno-shroom. He can also be planted on water tiles in Big Wave Beach without the aid of a Lily Pad, just like Rotobaga and Ghost Pepper.
Caulipower is based on a "cauliflower", an annual plant that reproduces by seed and a vegetable. His name is a portmanteau of "cauliflower" and "power".
In French, his name is Célébrocoli, a portmanteau of "brain" and "broccoli".
NOTE: Caulipower costs 300 in the Chinese version.
SUN COST: 250
RECHARGE: Very Slow
SPECIAL: Target Stronger Zombie
SPECIAL: Zombie Healing
RANGE: Full Board
Special: hovers above ground or water
Caulipower's eyes spin with distress. He's just thought of a really great ending for his novel, but he's afraid his cousin won't understand it.
Plant Food effect
When fed by Plant Food, Caulipower targets 5 random zombies on-screen and they will be thrown away, in a similar manner of the Power Toss. Gargantuars can only be knocked back if not shrunken.
When boosted by Enchant-mint, Caulipower's hypnosis will heal zombies to 125% of their HP.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|Basic zombie||Unique zombie||Gargantuar|
|1||0||0||250||45 seconds||15 seconds||300 dps||55%||40%||5%||50% HP||Full Board|
|2||10||1,000||250||44 seconds||15 seconds||350 dps||50%||45%||5%||60% HP|
|3||25||2,500||250||43 seconds||14 seconds||400 dps||50%||45%||5%||60% HP|
|4||50||5,000||225||42 seconds||14 seconds||450 dps||45%||45%||10%||60% HP|
|5||100||10,000||225||40 seconds||13 seconds||550 dps||45%||45%||10%||70% HP|
|6||200||20,000||200||39 seconds||13 seconds||600 dps||40%||50%||10%||70% HP|
|7||400||30,000||200||38 seconds||12 seconds||650 dps||40%||50%||10%||70% HP|
|8||800||50,000||175||37 seconds||12 seconds||700 dps||35%||50%||15%||80% HP|
|9||1,200||75,000||175||36 seconds||11 seconds||800 dps||35%||50%||15%||90% HP|
|10||1,600||100,000||150||35 seconds||10 seconds||900 dps||30%||50%||20%||100% HP|
*The amount of health the hypnotized zombie retains based on its current health when being hypnotized.
Caulipower now tosses more random zombies.
Use Caulipower like you would use Electric Blueberry. Caulipower can be a really powerful plant, but he should not be your only means of defense, due to his infrequent, inconsistent attack pattern, and his very slow recharge time.
In Far Future, Caulipower is effective against many high-health mechanical zombies such as the Robo-Cone Zombie. Hypnotizing a Mecha-Football Zombie should be the priority, as he will instantly kill most zombies, or eventually deal massive damage to them in a few hits.
In Big Wave Beach, he is a good counter to Surfer Zombies, as they will not crush Caulipowers with their surfboards. Aside from that, Caulipower can be planted in water without a Lily Pad. Be careful of Snorkel Zombies and Fisherman Zombies, as they are open to easily defeat Caulipower when it is recharging. Octo Zombie can also target this if he is placed ahead, so Caulipower is best used for levels with a high tide in the back.
In Frostbite Caves, he is useful against Weasel Hoarders as they can hypnotize them and cause them to release their Ice Weasels against the zombies. Additionally, they can turn away many dangerous threats such as Hunter Zombies, Dodo Rider Zombies, and Blockhead Zombies. Troglobites can also be hypnotized so they cannot push the Yeti Imps any further.
In Jurassic Marsh, he is useful against Jurassic Rockpunchers and Jurassic Gargantuars as it can easily hypnotize them, unlike Hypno-shroom. Plus, the Jurassic Rockpuncher and Jurassic Gargantuar can instantly destroy zombies in their way. It is a good idea to pair these zombies with raptor, in case of more of these zombies enter the lawn.
It is a very bad idea to use Caulipower against Zombie Bulls or Rodeo Legend Zombies as they will not fight for the player when charging, especially Rodeo Legend Zombies, since they will destroy a plant before they turn around. If this is hypnotized close to your house and a zombie is close enough to activate the Bull's ability, it can launched a hypnotized Zombie Bull Rider to your house and due to a glitch, the Bull Rider will eat your brains.
In many Last Stand levels, using only Caulipower alone is both low risk and incredibly effective as a sudden mass of the plant at once can cause the entire Zombie onslaught to attack on itself. The player may plant an Infi-nut and use its Plant Food ability just directly ahead of the Caulipowers for low cost protection. Of course, make sure to plant on the column closest to the house. In Battlez, Caulipower is an extremely useful plant, as it only takes one attack to hypnotize zombies and score points, regardless of the zombie's toughness. Because zombies are several times tougher in Battlez, Caulipower is at a great advantage over damage-inflicting Plants like Peashooter. Although Caulipower has a very slow recharge, this can be overcome in Battlez if enough starting Sun is provided because Battlez is also a Last Stand. Instant recharge can also be used to plant Caulipowers quickly. Likely for these reasons, Caulipower has been banned in several tournaments to give players who do not own Caulipower a level playing field.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Caulipower.
- He is the first plant to be tied to the Luck O' the Zombie event.
- Due to how slow Caulipower's hypnosis beam is, it is not uncommon for a targeted zombie to be killed before the beam reaches it. If that happens, the beam goes for another zombie until no hostile zombies are present, which causes it to vanish.
- Unlike Hypno-shroom, he can hypnotize non-eating zombies, including Gargantuars , without Plant Food.
- Prior to official release, Caulipower was purchasable for only $4.99 USD.
- Shortly during the 6.0 update, he was $6.99 USD.
- After the 6.1 update, his price was changed to $5.99 USD, the same as Missile Toe.
- He is the fifth special-edition plant to be in the shop permanently, after Wasabi Whip, Explode-O-Nut, Parsnip, and Hot Date.
- He, Rotobaga, and Ghost Pepper are the only three airborne plants that can hover over water in the game so far.
- When most premium plants had their prices changed on March 16, 2017, Caulipower was the only money premium plant to not have its price changed in some way.
- Caulipower cannot target Snorkel Zombie while he is submerged, though if a submerged Snorkel Zombie is the only other non-hypnotized zombie on the lawn, any hypnosis beam that is on the lawn will circle over Snorkel Zombie's head until he resurfaces or is defeated.
- A hypnotized Surfer Zombie can use his surfboard to crush a zombie, instantly killing a targeted zombie and other zombies will have to eat the surfboard to get past it.
- If a hypnotized Surfer Zombie places his surfboard on the ground, that surfboard will be an obstacle for zombies (like a plant) and it won’t be targeted or damaged by plants.
- Caulipower is currently the only plant that can unconditionally defeat a Jurassic Gargantuar in one hit without the aid of plant food, as his effect ignores the health of the targeted zombie.
- While Electric Blueberry can also kill him fast, his increased health means that her zap cloud will zap him for a second.
- All of the Mech zombies are restored to full health when hypnotized, making Caulipower a very powerful plant in Far Future or during any Battlez event that predominantly features mechs.
- Caulipower is unable to hypnotize midair zombies/imps, zombots, barrels (from barrel rollers) parrots, imp cannons, zombie kings, fisherman zombies, and other obstacles.
- If he hypnotized a barrel roller zombie, the zombie abandons the barrel and walks back.
- As for the other zombies, the reason is that it is meaningless to have them hypnotized, as their only purpose is to block the other zombies for a short while, and they can't harm zombies.
- Due to a glitch, if Caulipower hypnotizes an air-borne zombie at the same time the zombie is blown away by Blover or Hurrikale, the zombie simply freezes in mid-air and remain there until the level/battle ends. However, the zombie can still be attacked by other zombies while this happens.