- For other uses, see Cattail (disambiguation).
Cattail (猫尾草; māo wěi cǎo) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. They've gotten several changes compared to Plants vs. Zombies: it can be planted on both water and land and can be planted without a Lily Pad. It fires only a single spike and has improved accuracy so any of its spikes in the air targeting a dead zombie will now target another.
Its damage is increased, and it now has a chance to stun zombies for one second. Plus, it also has a very small chance of shooting a giant missile, in which a Level 1 Cattail's giant missile is capable of killing a Level 2 Gargantuar instantly.
Sun cost: 325
Cattail launches homing spikes at zombies, that can stun them for a moment.
Special: launches homing spikes at zombies, that can stun them for a moment.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Cattail emits a cyan laser that gets larger and larger, that tracks down a random target. If the target is defeated, the laser will quickly move to another random zombie, similar to Magnifying Grass' Plant Food effect.
It now emits a purple and larger laser at zombies, that is more effective and also does a small amount of splash damage.
In this game, it can be used as a more expensive but more versatile alternative to Homing Thistle as while it costs more, it can stun zombies, can be planted on water and having better accuracy than him. Still, it is expensive so it is not a good idea to use it only.
Do not use it against Balloon Zombie as it cannot instantly pop the balloon in this game.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cattail.
- In the trailer, instead of shooting a homing missile, it shoots a giant spike instead, suggesting that it originally has this projectile in development
- It, Plantern, Coffee Bean, Gatling Pea and Cob Cannon are the only Plants vs. Zombies plants to reappear in the Chinese version without appearing in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- According to its Almanac entry, it can only speak in meows. However, in its Suburban Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies, it speaks English.
- In addition, Cattail also barks in its Suburban Almanac entry.
- It looks more artificial than it did in the first game. Also, its hat now looks more like a helmet instead of a beanie.
- It share's the same plant food sound effect as Magnifying Grass.