In Plants vs. Zombies 2, mushrooms do not sleep during day anymore. Five of them from Plants vs. Zombies have returned (Sun-shroom, Puff-shroom, Fume-shroom, and Magnet-shroom), and Hypno-shroom has become a gem premium plant. There are five new mushrooms, including Spore-shroom, obtained in Neon Mixtape Tour, Perfume-shroom, obtained in Jurassic Marsh, Shadow-shroom, obtained in Modern Day, Toadstool, which is a premium, and Puffball, obtained with seed packets.
In the Chinese version, there are new mushrooms not in the international version, including Cryo-shroom, and Pyro-shroom, which require Puzzle Pieces to unlock, Magic-shroom, which is a monthly special plant, and Flat-shroom, a Steam Ages plant.
In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, mushrooms serve the role of the aggressive fighters for the Kabloom heroes, but also have various uses. New mushrooms include Buff-Shroom, Punish-Shroom, Grow-Shroom, Button Mushroom, and Sportacus.
- Mushrooms are not classified as plants in real life. They are classified as fungi, which are in real life closer to animals than plants.
- Fume-shrooms and Magnet-shrooms are the only mushrooms that can be upgraded, however, only the Gloom-shroom is a mushroom. Gold Magnet is a normal plant.
- Puff-shrooms and Sea-shrooms are currently the only mushrooms that cost no sun.
- Sea-shroom is the only aquatic mushroom.
- In real life, Psathyrella aquatica is currently the only known mushroom to be observed to grow underwater.
- All the mushrooms appear to stretch when a Coffee Bean is planted on them.
- Spore-shroom is the only lobbed-shot mushroom.
- Gloom-shroom and Toadstool are the only mushrooms that can only be obtained by purchasing them.
- Toadstool is the only mushroom that is based on a real animal.
- She is also currently the only plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 based on a real animal.
- Mushrooms in the Zen Garden can go in the Day Garden if they have been fully grown, and are emitting light.
- Toadstool, Puffball, Night Cap, Blight Cap and Sportacus are the only mushrooms not to have a "-shroom" or "mushroom" in their name.
- This isn't including all the NPC variants of the Night Cap class or variants of potted plant variants of mushrooms.
All items (92)
- Scaredy-shroom (PvZ)
- Scaredy-shroom (Spawnable)
- Sea-Shroom (PvZH)
- Sepsis Mushroom
- Shadow-shroom (PvZ: AS)
- Shelf Mushroom
- Shroom for Two
- Shuffle Truffle
- Spray Mushroom line
- Sun-shroom (Auxiliary)
- Sun-shroom (PvZ)
- Sun-Shroom (PvZH)