- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, see Carrotillery (PvZH). For the Plants vs. Zombies Online plant, see Carrot Rocket.
Carrotillery (胡萝卜导弹车; pinyin: húluóbo dǎodànchē) is a plant in both the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. He attacks by firing carrot missiles at zombies.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, He was a store bought plant which could be purchased with 180 gems and couldn't be imitated. He fired carrot missiles at zombies which deals the same amount of damage as a pea. He could also randomly do a special attack, in which he fires a large carrot missile to the ground, which deals a large amount of damage in a 3x3 area when it is destroyed.
In the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, he's a Rare Monthly special plant. He fires four carrot missiles at zombies. A carrot missile is powerful enough to kill a Basic Zombie. After firing four carrot missiles, he has to recharge.
Fires a missile to hold back zombies, causing damage in an area when the missile explodes.
Normal Attack Range: Straight
Normal Attack Damage: Normal
Special Attack Range: Straight
Special Attack Damage: High
In spite of Carrotillery always hesitantly shouting "Danger!" to the point of exhaustion, zombies still excitedly eat the missiles it fires, perhaps the zombies should consider going vegetarian.
Recharge: very slow
Note: Carrotillery's damage in-game is Heavy, and its in-game recharge is Mediocre.
Sun cost: 450
Carrotillery shoots carrot missiles, dealing huge damage to zombies.
Range Details: Arc trajectory
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, he shoots a big carrot to the ground. When it is destroyed it explodes. If it hits a zombie directly, it also explodes. The carrot absorbs 20 bites and deals 90 normal damage shots in a 1x3 radius.
He now shoots a nuke that blocks more zombies.
He is very strong and deals high damage. However, he is extremely expensive, so you might want some more support.
He faces competition with R.A.D Missiles, due to the latter's cheaper cost and higher damage.
If you are planning to use a Level 1 Carrotillery, it is advised to use a defensive plant eg. Wall-nut, due to recharging time. However, if he is higher level, some weaker defensive plants like Primal Wall-nut or Radish will do the trick, but still defend him as he will fire more carrots at one, although his rearming time is reduced drastically.
Carrotillery will be able to wreak havoc in the case of occasional tough zombies, like for example Robo-Cone Zombie. Far Future is an excellent example of where Carrotillery will come handy. You should be more cautious in for example Neon Mixtape Tour, where large groupings of low health zombies will waste Carrotillery's carrot missiles, so when a zombie like Hair Metal Gargantuar comes out, Carrotillery will probably have only 0-2 missiles to combat the Gargantuar before he will have to enter a recharge stage. The same applies to Modern Day, where Portals will pose a huge threat to his utility.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Carrotillery.
- The missile will also explode when the player digs it.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
- Unlike his Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, whose Chinese name translates to "Carrot Missile Truck", his Chinese name translates to just "Carrot Missile".
- He is the only premium plant imported from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 that does not share their counterpart's almanac flavor text
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)
- The missile shot by its Plant Food ability can actually be dug up to make it explode immediately.
- The Plant Food effect can actually land in the sea in Pirate Seas. This is most likely a bug.
- His Almanac entry is referencing the character "Optimus Prime" from the Transformers series.
- His costume also resembles Optimus Prime.
- When Plant Food is used on the Carrotillery, he makes the same noise that Cabbage-pult makes when Plant Food is used on it, the same case with Dandelion.
- He will rear back before shooting carrot missiles.
- If his plant food effect is done in Sky City, the missile will immediately explode.
- He is the first monthly special plant to appear in this game.