Captain Partyman is a Legendary variant of Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like all Party variants, he has the Legendary ability "Party Time!", that gives Captain Partyman a temporary speed and damage boost when the Party Time! meter fills up. Like all Legendary variants, only two stickers are required to unlock him.
However, like other party variants, Captain Partyman cannot be obtained through sticker packs, but instead, the player must open Infinite Infinity Chests in Infinity Time until they unlock him, meaning the player must get at least 25,000 Time Shards or more.
With a name like Captain Partyman, you know he's down to get funky. You wouldn't think it by looking at him, but he can spin on his peg leg for almost an entire minute, uninterrupted.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
His primary weapons are the Party Scattershot and the Party Spyglass. The Party Scattershot can only be used when hip firing. It deals 30 damage and consumes two ammo. The Party Spyglass is used when the player aims. it deals 20 normal damage and 24 critical damage at all ranges. Bullets fired from the Party Spyglass consume 1 ammo.
|Barrel Blast||Captain Deadbeard summons a barrel and hides inside it, lighting the fuse inside, and then detonates it to damage nearby plants, knocking himself into the air. While he is inside the barrel, Captain Deadbeard takes reduced damage. Also, Chompers that attack using the Burrow ability will only destroy the barrel, leaving Deadbeard unharmed.|
|Looty Booty Barrel Blast||The Looty Booty Barrel Blast is an alternate ability in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 for the Captain Deadbeard class, which was sold in Rux's Bazaar by Rux. It is identical to the Barrel Blast having no differences other than name, description, appearance and sounds.|
|Parrot Pal||An ability similar to the Garlic Drone or Zombot Drone. When used, Captain Deadbeard creates a Parrot equipped with a telescope laser and explosives. The Parrot Pal has 5 HP and can only be used for a limited time. This replaces the Zombot Drone from the first game.|
|Future Parrot Pal||An alternate ability of the Parrot Pal. The Future Parrot Pal moves slower and has 20 HP compared to the regular Parrot Pal's 5. Its weapon (also called the Parrot Pulse) also has a slightly slower rate of fire but deals more damage (dealing 10 damage (12 critical)) and overheats slower as well. Its ability is called the Eggsplosion.|
|Cannon Rodeo||Captain Deadbeard will summon a cannon and then sits on top of it. The Cannon will then start shooting explosive cannonballs repeatedly. The cannon has 6 ammo. Each cannonball can do up to 50 damage on a direct hit, but it also deals splash damage.|
Captain Partyman is a bit weaker than his stock counterpart, he will take a few more shots to kill compared to Deadbeard, but he is very rarely in harm's way, meaning that your "Party Time!" mode will be far easier to achieve, and the increased damage is very welcome as a sniper. Play this variant as you would with Captain Deadbeard, but try to plan your "Party Time!" to when you will get the most use out of it in a situation where increased firepower is required to defeat the plants.
Captain Partyman is arguably the weakest Zombie Party variant when compared to the others, but not by much. His damage is slightly decreased over his vanilla counterpart, and the speed increase he gains isn't necessary for a sniper unless he is in a bad situation, meaning that "Party Time!" will rarely be used to its full effectiveness for Captain Partyman. As with most Deadbeards though, don't let him survive for too long, as he will a problem to your team while they try to advance.
- ▼ Decreased Shotgun damage from 40 to 30
- ▼ Decreased Spyglass damage from 20 to 18
- ▼ Decreased magazine capacity from 12 to 10
- ▼ Increased ammo reduction for Shotgun from 1 to 2
- ▼ Decreased magazine capacity from 10 – 8
- ▼ Decreased scattershot damage from 30 – 25
- ▲ Shared Vanquishes count towards Party Time
- ▲ Increased Party Scattershot damage from 25 - 35
- ▲ Increased Party Spyglass damage from 18 - 22.5
- ▼ Reduced effectiveness of damage upgrade from 1.1x to 1.06x
- ▼ Reduced Party Time! Damage multiplier from 1.5x to 1.25x
- ▼ Reduced Party Scattershot damage from 35 to 30
- ▼ Reduced Party Spyglass damage from 22.5 to 20
- ▲ Increased Effectiveness of damage upgrade from 1.06x to 1.07x
- Both of his primary weapons fire out confetti.
- While using Cannon Rodeo, the Party Time! meter will be pulsating, even when Party Time isn't active.
- He does not play a jam whilst Party Time is active.
- Instead, he plays an unknown theme that is similar to the one played when the player is fighting against Captain Smasher in a Boss Hunt quest.
- He is the only Party variant to not play a jam from Neon Mixtape Tour.
- Instead, the remaining jam from Plants vs. Zombies 2 that is yet to be used by the Party characters (being the 8-bit jam), is used by the Computer Scientist's Crunch Mode.
- Similar to many other Legendary variants, he is eighties-themed.
- Party Time! will be canceled if he uses Barrel Blast.
- He, along with Party Citron, are the only Party characters to be nerfed after the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC.
- His model is the same as the standard Deadbeard's, though stylized differently.
- There is a mistake in the Party Hero Showcase description, calling him "Captain Partypants".