- For other uses, see Cactus (disambiguation).
Cactus is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. She is a Defend class who specializes in long range attacks, via either her Needle Shot sniper weapon, or through her aerial Garlic Drone.
Long range specialists. Use Petal Propeller to get to high ground or take to the air with your flying garlic to attack from above.
Cactus' primary weapon is the Spike Strike, which functions similar to the Bandit Cactus's Gatling Needle, firing needles rapidly. It deals 7 damage (9 critical) and fires at a rate of approximately 480 RPM (rounds per minute).
Cactus' secondary weapon is the Needle Shot. While aiming, Cactus's vision is impaired slightly, but can see enemies from further away. There are 3 charges of Needle Shot. An uncharged shot hits 5 damage (7 critical). 1st charge deals 15 damage (23 critical). 2nd Charge deals 34 damage (55 critical). A fully charged shot deals 62 damage (98 critical). Ammo consumption varies depending on the charge level of the Needle shot fired. Uncharged shots cost 2 ammo, while fully charged shots consume 8.
|Plant a highly explosive mine.|
|Control a flying Garlic Drone.|
|Get to high ground by flying upwards.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Potato Mine displays health bar of nearby enemies to all allies.
Briefly reduce incoming damage by earning a critical vanquish. Can stack 3 times.
Reduces incoming damage by 15% for 5 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy. Stacks up to 2 times for a total of 30% damage resistance.
Display health bar of enemy to team by dealing damage with Needle Shot.
Faster health regeneration.
Doubles health regeneration rate.
Health Regeneration Delay
Reduced time between taking damage and when health regeneration activates.
Reduces the time required to start health regeneration by half.
Enemies randomly explode when earning a critical vanquish.
Enemies have 75% chance to explode upon critically vanquishing them. The explosion has a 5m (16.4 ft) blast radius and deals 35 damage.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Improved view on Spike Shot lens when zoomed.
Move faster when at low health.
Increases movement speed by 20% upon reaching 20% HP or below.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Create additional Potato Mine at Petal Propeller takeoff location.
Gain instant max charge for Needle Shot shortly after landing from Petal Propeller.
Gain ammo by dealing critical damage several times in a row.
Faster zoom damage charge by dealing damage with Spike Shot.
Randomly creates Potato Mine near enemy if vanquished by max charge Spike Shot.
Has 75% chance to spawn Potato Mine near the enemy.
Move faster for a short time by earning a vanquish.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 3 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy.
Gain flight fuel by earning a vanquish with Garlic Drone.
As Cactus has always been in the previous games; she is the plant's sniper class. However, in Battle for Neighborville, she gets a few new tools at her disposal. The most obvious and biggest change to Cactus is her weapon zoomed in and zoomed out.
When zoomed in, there's a bar on the left-hand side, powering up her weapon over time. The longer it takes to power up, the more damage it does but also uses more ammo as well. Use this ability wisely, as you can do a high amount of damage, but be precise with your shot. Also when you are zoomed in, you are susceptible to side attacks as you can see farther but have an obvious blind spot.
Her zoomed out weapon resembles an automatic weapon, yet having high bloom at the same time, like the Bandit Cactus from Garden Warfare 1 & 2. This gives Cactus a better fighting chance at close range. Overall, she still does the same thing as she always does, and does it pretty well.
- Cactus's Potato Mine can catch you off guard if you can't see it. Remember that you can shoot the Potato Mine to make sure another Zombie doesn't meet an explosive fate.
- Watch out when Cactus is Sniping. If you take heavy damage from it, race to cover right away. Alternatively, you can try to track where you got sniped from and try and find the Cactus.
- Cactus's Garlic Drone can be deadly. Try to get rid of it as soon as you can.
Tips & Tricks
With Spike Strike, try to pulse fire with the weapon, (meaning to press the trigger button rapidly) so there's less bloom on it.
- ▼ Reduced cost of Alacrity Upgrade 3->2
- ▼ Duration of Alacrity bonus reduced 5->2
- ▼ Alacrity Charge multiplier reduced from 10x->3x
- ▲ Fixed issue with not checking that Garlic drone was alive to apply the Sustenance upgrade
- ▼ Fixed the issue with the upgrade Spud Spotting's spotting not being removed properly
November 27 2019 Update (Pre-TTK)
- ▲ Garlic Drone's Garlic Strike direct damage increased 10->15
- ▼ Garlic Drone's Garlic Strike explosive damage decreased 20->15
Early December 2019 TTK Changelist
- ▲ Increase weapon ammo capacity 32->40
- ▼ Spike Shot 1st charge ammo cost increase 1->2
- ▼ Spike Shot 2nd charge ammo cost increase 2->4
- ▼ Spike Shot 3rd charge ammo cost increase 3->7
- ▼ Spike Shot Full charge ammo cost increase 4->8
- ▲ Spike Strike damage increased 4.5->6.5
- ▲ Spike Strike rate of fire increased 450->480
- ▲ Reduce Spike Strike camera recoil
- ▼ Garlic Drone's Needle Shot damage decreased 10.0->8.8
- ▲ Decrease Needle Shot overheat penalty 3.0->1.0
- ▲ Increase Needle Shot projectile speed 250->350
- Upgrade Popcorn
- Triggers on any vanquish randomly, not just critical vanquishes
- Potato Mine
- ▲ Increase blast radius 2.5->2.75 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 3.75->3 m
- Big Bulb Barrage
- ▲ Increase blast radius 2->3.25 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 4.5->3.5 m
- Upgrade Pressure Point
- ▼ Decrease blast radius 5->4.75 m
- ▲ Add shockwave radius 5 m