- For other uses, see Cabbage-pult (disambiguation).
Cabbage-pult lobs cabbages at half the fire rate of a normal Peashooter, but deals twice as much damage for each cabbage meaning that Cabbage-pult deals identical damage per second to Peashooter in practice.
His name is a portmanteau of "cabbage" and "catapult", a ballistic device used to hurl large stones for warfare purpose in ancient times, referring to the fact that he hurls cabbages at zombies.
- For more information about this character, see Cabbage-pult.
Cabbage-pult is simply a lobbed-shot version of Peashooter, which is capable of dealing similar damage over time in a neutral environment. While the cabbage's lobbed-shot nature gives Cabbage-pult an edge in overcoming obstacles and hitting enemies behind a shield, this is countered by a massive hit in potential firepower output, as Cabbage-pult does not benefit from Torchwood like Peashooter. Because of this, the problem present with Peashooter's firepower output is ultimately not only addressed, but also rather worse, and Cabbage-pult will be quickly outclassed by other plants as the game progresses.
When compared with Kernel-pult, another lobbed-shot plant with the same sun cost, Cabbage-pult benefits from having a higher damage output and not being reliant on random effects. On the other hand, Kernel-pult's butter can prove to be more devastating, especially when used in tandem with other offensive plants like Spikerock. Generally speaking, Cabbage-pult will be easier to use early on, while Kernel-pult can continue to be effective in the mid- and late-game thanks to its stunning ability.
Cabbage-pult is an useful plant on the Roof stages, since it will be the first projectile plant available to the player that can overcome the slopes. However, the player should plan to replace Cabbage-pult with more powerful lobbed-shot plants such as Melon-pult, or Fume-shroom with Coffee Bean (the latter combination will also help the player towards the Grounded achievement or be upgraded in Survival levels).
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Cabbage-pult.
In other languages
- If a zombie is directly in front of a Cabbage-pult, the zombie will instantly get hit by the cabbage instead of the cabbage being thrown in the air and falling on the zombie. This also happens with the other lobbed-shot plants, except Kernel-pult when throwing kernels.
- He and Crazy Dave share an interest in how the zombies got on the Roof in the first place.
- He is nicknamed "小包菜" (lit. "little cabbage") in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.