Butter Barrage is the first ability for Kernel Corn in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When used, Kernel Corn will throw a Hot Potato at the ground and then summon a large amount of butter around the potato. Its alternate ability is Bigger Better Butter, but can only be obtained if the player buys the deluxe version. It takes 35 seconds to recharge.
Mark the danger zone with a steaming hot baked potato, then stand back as explosive butter rains from the sky!
Butter Barrage can be very powerful but, because it takes a long time to come in, Zombies may have time to avoid it. Therefore, it is best used at choke points or heavy contrations of Zombies. The most common use for it is to send it into the zombie point in Herbal Assault to try and force the zombies out of it or face heavy damage if they don't. It can also be used in Gardens & Graveyards to stop Zombies from taking a point. It can also be used against Cannon Rodeo or a Big Bolt Blaster if your Shuck Shot isn't ready. Just be sure you don't try to use it indoors, or it will just land on the roof and do nothing.
- Radius of airstrike pattern decreased from 8 to 5
- If the player looks up after throwing the potato, the player can see the Butterhawks that are dropping the strike.
- If the Hot Potato is thrown in the lava the Zombot is flying over at the last point of Zombopolis, then the Butterhawks can be seen glitching though the world really low to the ground.
- The Hot Potato that Kernel Corn throws is based on the appearance of the Hot Potato from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- In Zomburbia, if the player manages to get a butter on Dr. Zomboss when the zombies have won the end mini-game and saved the academy, it will freeze and crash the game.
- It occasionally will not actually drop butter after the potato is thrown, just like Bigger Better Butter.
- This may possibly happen if the player dies before the airstrike comes in.