Buffs & Bruisez is a mechanic in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that was introduced in the 6.9.1 update. It affects certain Plant Families' effectiveness against the zombies in Arena. There are three effects; plants can be strong, weak or ineffective against zombies. Every Tuesday, the Buffz & Bruisez effects change as the week's Arena tournament ends.
List of Buffz & Bruisez effects
- Strong : All plants in this family deal double damage against zombies. It is identified by a green up arrow in the bottom right corner of a family's icon.
- Weak : All plants in this family deal halved damage against zombies. If their ability is non-damaging, it have a chance not to work against the zombies it normally works against unless they reach Mastery 100+. It is identified by an orange down arrow in the bottom right corner of a family's icon.
- Ineffective : All plants in this family don't damage zombies. If their ability is non-damaging, it won't work against the zombies it normally works against unless they reach Mastery 100+. It is identified by an red cross in the bottom right corner of a family's icon.
As you enter Arena, on top of the "LET'S ROCK" button, you can see the Buffz & Bruisez feature that'll tell you if the Plant Family will be strong, weak or ineffective against the zombies. if you want to know what plants are from that family, then all you have to do is look at the top left corner of each seed packet.
Make sure the plants you've chosen are the ones that'll be stronger against the zombies. Using plants that are weak are not guaranteed since you'll want to destroy the zombies quickly, unless they reach high Mastery. Ineffective plants are even worthless, and they will get you nowhere, so never use those plants in Arena, or else it would only be a waste of space. This should test you on which plants you should use for the right occasion.
Be mindful that the effects of Buffz & Bruisez that are granted to Plants apply only against Zombies. In case of Gravestones or other lawn blockades, the effects of Buffz & Bruisez don't support or negate plant effects against them.
When some plants reaches Mastery 100 or higher, their effect are not influenced by Buffz & Bruisez, these plants are:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Sun Bean
- Witch Hazel
- Shrinking Violet
Buffz & Bruisez effects
- Buffz & Bruisez can only be found in Arena and not anywhere else in Plants vs. Zombies 2, apart from the Epic Quest that introduces this mechanic to the player.
- The chance for non-damaging plant to work against the zombies it normally works against in the case of its plant family being weak against zombies depends on the plant's level. When the plant is not at Mastery, the chance is 0%, when plant is at Mastery, the higher Mastery the plant is at, the more chance is, until Mastery 100, which the chance is 100%.
- Plants' DPS increased by Mastery is not influenced by Buffz & Bruisez.