Bombard-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, she sets off three explosions on open tiles, with the number of explosions increasing as she is upgraded. She can boost Bombard-mint Family plants by increasing their damage and increasing the effectiveness of their abilities.
Bombard-mint Family plants include:
- Potato Mine
- Cherry Bomb
- Primal Potato Mine
- Escape Root
- Boom Balloon Flower
Like other Power Mints, she cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. After 6 seconds, Bombard-mint will disappear.
Bombard-mint’s name is a portmanteau of the words “bombardment,” the act of bombarding, referring to her ability to create explosions and “mint,” the real-life plant on which she is based.
The last part of her Almanac entry is a reference to a line from the 1979 film Apocalypse Now, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... VICTORY," which is said by Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore. It was popular among the film's community up to the point where it became an internet meme.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Bombard-mints set off a number of explosions on the board and provide a temporary boost to all Bombard-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Bombard-mint Family plants:
"Explosions are fun," says Bombard-mint with an impish twinkle in her eye. "In the context of eliminating zombies, a cascade of detonations not only clears much of the board, but leaves a lovely fragrance in its wake. It smells like... victory."
When boosted by Bombard-mint, the following plants receive the following effects:
- Bombegranate will do an additional 2400 DPS, and its seeds will do an additional 600 DPS.
- Boom Balloon Flower's balloons will deal an additional 1425 DPS, and its Doom-shroom balloon will deal an additional 1725 DPS.
- Cherry Bomb will do an additional 2400 DPS.
- Escape Root's arming time will be reduced to 5 seconds, and its explosion damage is increased to 2400 DPS (Potato Mine) / 2400 DPS (Cherry Bomb) / 2400 DPS (Grapeshot) / 3200 DPS (Primal Potato Mine). Bombard-mint will do nothing if Escape Root is at level 10.
- Explode-O-Nut's Plant Food shield HP is increased to 8000 DPS, and its explosion damage is increased to 2400 DPS. Bombard-mint will do nothing if Explode-O-Nut at level 10.
- Grapeshot's explosion will do an additional 2400 DPS.
- Potato Mine's arming time is reduced to 1 second, it'll launch 5 copies from its Plant Food regardless of level, and its explosion damage is increased to 2400 DPS.
- Primal Potato Mine's arming time is reduced to 2 seconds (1 second starting at level 8), and its explosion damage is increased to 3200 DPS.
- Strawburst will revive one second after being used, and it'll only take one second to grow between stages. Overall, it takes Strawburst 3 seconds to grow back to full stage after being fired while boosted.
- Explode-o-Vine will deal an additional 1200 DPS with his planting explosions, an additional 2400 DPS with his other explosions, his explosions will knock zombies back for approximately 3 tiles, and his Plant Food shield HP is increased to 3000 DPS.
Note that Bombard-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||300 dps||Three|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||350 dps|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||400 dps|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||450 dps||Four|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||550 dps|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||600 dps|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||650 dps||Five|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||700 dps|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||800 dps|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||900 dps||Six|
Bombard-mint is a fantastic plant both by herself and when boosting other plants. Bombard-mint's primary effect creates three explosions on the lawn at level 1, making her a fantastic choice during large waves of zombies. Boosted plants in Bombard-mint's family are also very effective as plants such as Cherry Bomb and Explode-O-Nut can instantly destroy Gargantuars with one explosion, while Bombegranate receives extra boosts to her seeds.
Bombard-mint can be planted as soon as the first zombie appears to allow for more time to farm sun in the beginning of a level, while also not slowing down zombie spawn rates in Arena. But avoid using this plant in Arena if it is Bruisez since its explosion would be weak and the boost would not help at all.
Keep in mind that Bombard-Mint's explosions cannot occur on tiles that cannot be planted on. This can easily hamper her performance if there are obstacles such as mold colonies or water present. Bringing a boosted Lily Pad is recommended if you intend to use her in Big Wave Beach.
It is ill-advised to being Bombard-mint into levels where you cannot lose any plants, as she will disappear after a while, and most of her family consists of single-use plants, making these strategies very ineffective on these levels.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Bombard-mint.
- She reuses Cherry Bomb's explosion, complete with the "CHA-BOOF!" sound effect.
- She is mistakenly referred to as male in the inbox.
- Despite being an explosive plant, Jalapeno is not in Bombard-mint's family. This is because he leaves fire behind, and thus is part of Pepper-mint's family.
- Bombard-mint's Almanac entry is a reference to the famous quote "it smells like... victory" in Apocalypse Now.
- She heavily resembles Gold Leaf.