- For other uses, see Blover (disambiguation).
Blover is a single-use plant in Plants vs. Zombies as well as their Chinese spin-offs. He can be used to blow away fogs on screen, along with any Balloon Zombies, instantly killing them in the process. This makes him an environment modifier. Note that any physically airborne zombies such as airborne Imps will not be blown away.
- For more information about this character, see Blover
Blover is obtained by completing Level 4-3. Shortly after being planted, Blover will generate a strong burst of wind by using his leaves as fans, blowing away and instantly killing all Balloon Zombies as well as repelling present fog from the screen for 15 to 20 seconds. Blover does not work against other technically flying enemies, such as Imps thrown by Gargantuars.
Blover serves two primary objectives: As a defensive method against approaching Balloon Zombies, and as a tool for clearing fog obstructing the player's field of vision. While each task can be done by other standing plants, Blover's relatively quick recharge rate as well as his ability to do the two aforementioned tasks at the same time makes Blover a very useful instant-use plant, especially in Fog levels.
Compared to other plants that can also shoot down incoming Balloon Zombies such as Cactus and Cattail, Blover suffers from being an instant plant and therefore requiring significantly more sun to maintain over time. On the other hand, Blover is the only plant that can defeat an infinite amount of Balloon Zombies, and does not require a (permanent) planting space that can otherwise be devoted to more powerful offensive plants. This also applies when Blover is measured against Plantern - while two Planterns only require 50 sun and can give full vision of the lawn, using Blover will save the player up to two tiles for planting more useful plants.
Whether to use Blovers or not in normal levels is mostly a matter of preference. This does not apply in Survival: Endless however, as zombie density will rapidly increase over time and Cactus and Cattail will get overwhelmed at higher flags - in this case, Blover will be the player's only effective solution.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Blover (PvZ).
- Unlike most plants, whose out-of-combat animations have two beats (up and down or side to side movement), he has three (left, middle, and right). This also happens to Gold Magnet, but much slower and shorter.
- He, Plantern and Flower Pot are the only level-specified plants that can also be used and planted in other levels (But considered useless in other levels without Balloon Zombies).
- However, Blover isn't highlighted as a "Not Recommended" plant in non-fog stages or a stage without Balloon Zombies.