- For other uses, see Barrel Zombie (disambiguation).
Barrel Pirate is a Spawnable Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and a Backyard Battleground enemy in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Its appearance is that of a Pirate Zombie stuck in a barrel with a section of the barrel broken out for the eyes. It is classified as an armored zombie, and thus, cannot be vanquished in one hit by the Chomper. The only way to damage it directly is through the hole in the barrel or the legs. However, they are extremely vulnerable against the Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed, and Chesterweed, since they can break the armor in one shot. Its melee attack is called the Headbutt Slam and its ranged attack is called the Shoddy Laser Blast. After the Barrel Zombie's barrel is destroyed, it's melee attack is called the Zombie Hurt and its ranged attack is called the Hard Rock Toss.
A Zombie stuck in a barrel is still just a zombie... in a barrel.
- It is the only Pirate Zombie that can be degraded to normal Pirate Zombie that appears as Spawnable Zombie in Gardens & Graveyards rather than in Garden Ops.
- Sometimes if an enemy plant is out of range, it will use a weapon which seems to resemble a ray gun. If the player gets vanquished from this, it will reveal that the weapon is called "Shoddy Laser Blast". This trait is shared with the Outhouse Zombie and the Coffin Zombie.
- If the player shoots at its face, hands, or legs, they can damage the zombie inside. This trait is shared with the Outhouse Zombie and the Coffin Zombie.
- It will only use the Zombie Hurt attack once its barrel is destroyed. This trait is shared with the Outhouse Zombie and the Coffin Zombie.
- The barrel obscures its mouth, resulting in having a low-pitched, slightly muffled voice.
- Even though in Garden Ops those zombies appear later than Coffin Zombies, both they, and their barrels have less health than them, which is weird, considering that it is a pirate counterpart of the Outhouse Zombies in Port Scallywag and Sharkbite Shores.
- This appears briefly in Garden Warfare 2 as an enemy in several Dave-bot 3000.1 quests, including in the Captain Smasher Boss Hunt.