- For other uses, see Balloon Zombie (disambiguation).
Balloon Zombie is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Balloon Zombies use the red balloons on their backs to hover over plants to reach the player's house, with each game having a different method of dealing with the floating assault.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Balloon Zombie has appeared in three games.
- Main article: Balloon Zombie (PvZ)
In the original Plants vs. Zombies game, as well as all Chinese spin-off games based on it, Balloon Zombie is the second zombie encountered in the Fog, first encountered in Level 4-3. Balloon Zombie floats with a balloon, hovering over both plants and projectiles, but the balloon can be popped with a spike, fired by Cactus and Cattail.
Along with this, Balloon Zombie can also be killed by an explosive plant (except for Potato Mine) or blown away by Blover. When landed, Balloon Zombie has about as much health as an average Zombie, though will instead instantly die if the balloon is popped over water.
- Main article: Balloon Zombie (PvZ2)
Balloon Zombie returns in Plants vs. Zombies 2, originally first appearing in Modern Day, a weaker version is now first encountered at the Player's House. Unlike the first game, Balloon Zombie can now be attacked by projectiles, Cactus is unable to pop the balloon and can only hover over certain plants, effectively being a consistent reskin of Bug Zombie.
Like the first game however, he can be blown away by Blover, as well as Hurrikale who has a similar blowing effect. He can normally absorb 900 DPS, the balloon popping at 650 but the weaker version encountered in Player's House - Day 3 and Player's House - Day 4 can only absorb 500 DPS, with the balloon popping at 350 before dying.
- Main article: Balloon Zombie (PvZ3)
The latest appearance of Balloon Zombie is in Plants vs. Zombies 3 as a Flying threat and mix between his previous two appearances. Like Plants vs. Zombies 2, he can be damaged while flying but like Plants vs. Zombies, only certain plants can do so, such as Lobber plants and Lightning Reed.
Balloon Zombie is first encountered on the third floor of the Devour Tower and serves as a tutorial for both Lobber plants and buying seed packets, as the player has no means of countering him at first.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Balloon Zombie.
- Balloon Zombie appears as a cameo in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. He appears on the pile of zombies in Team Vanquish, however he has the hair and goggles of a Scientist, implying that is supposed to be him.
- Balloon Zombie can be killed by explosives while in the air.
- Balloon Zombie's balloon has an evil face-like drawing on it. The same face is shown on Rocket Science.
- Balloon Zombie and Digger Zombie are the only zombies that lack a shoe in the first game. Balloon Zombie has two shoes in all other appearances.