Aspiragus (芦笋战机; pinyin: lúsǔn zhànjī) is the third plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It shoots asparagus seeds at a zombie either on its lane or lanes adjacent to Aspiragus. After attacking seven times, it goes to rest for a second.
Sun cost: 125
Aspiragus attacks zombies in the upper, lower and front lanes.
Special: It attacks the front, upper and lower row.
Plant feature: green plant, weapon family, flying plant
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Aspiragus gains a helmet and fires at all spaces in its range with high damage.
Its shots gain the ability to push zombies back.
Aspiragus is a really useful plant to use early in the game, as it's one of the only multi-directional plants the player can obtain easily. Aspiragus can take care of tons of zombie, as it can shoot in three lanes. They are really powerful in large numbers, as their damage will combine to nearly instantly kill all basic zombies. Aspiragus can also be used to breeze through early worlds like Pirate Seas or Kongfu World. It can also take huge chunks out of Zombots with its Plant Food effect. However, it does have a few second delay, as well as a random targeting system, which can be unreliable at times. On the other hand, the rest time is very quick - exactly how long it would take for Aparagus to attack once.
- It reuses Peashooter's helmet during its Plant Food effect.
- Aspiragus has three different English names. This trait is shared with Ampthurium, Board Beans, Cycloque, Lantern Cherry, Saucer Squash, and Spinnapple.
- Asparagus Fighter is the translation of its Chinese name.
- Asparagus is the English name given to it in the Sky City trailer.
- Aspiragus is the official name provided by Colorful Wish, an elite player that works closely with PopCap Shanghai to get better contact with international players.