Arma-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It can boost Arma-mint Family plants by increasing their damage, firing rate (for cannon plants), and other abilities. It will also release a barrage of projectiles on random tiles that deal massive damage to all zombies in a 1x3 area and stun all zombies in a 3x3 area.
Arma-mint Family plants include:
- Coconut Cannon
- Banana Launcher
- Apple Mortar
- Blastberry Vine
- Sling Pea
Like other Power Mints, Arma-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 6 seconds (at Level 1).
He was available from August 20 to September 26, 2019.
Arma-mint is based on the mint, while also incorporating elements of cannons/mortars.
Its name is a portmanteau of "armament," which means military weapons and equipment, and "mint," the real-life plant it is based on.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
PROJECTILE VOLLEY: 4
Arma-mints launch a volley of heavy stunning projectiles and provide a temporary boost to all Arma-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Cannon Family plants:
"Lobbing projectiles, for me, has always been a very personal endeavor," says Arma-mint. "It's a great way for me to express myself, my identity, and my preference that zombies can be defeated in large groups."
While boosted by Arma-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- A.K.E.E. will do an additional 150 DPS, its Plant Food effect will do an additional 900 DPS, and its attacks bounce 5 times instead of 3.
- Apple Mortar will do an additional 120 DPS, its Plant Food effect will do an additional 140 DPS, its stun duration will increase to 1.5 seconds, and its Plant Food stun will increase by 1 second.
- Banana Launcher will do an additional 2000 DPS per shot and its reload time is reduced to 2 seconds.
- Blastberry Vine will have an additional 85 DPS added to both its regular and Plant Food attack's splash damage.
- Cabbage-pult will do an additional 120 DPS, its attack speed will increase by 50%, and its Plant Food effect will do an additional 600 DPS.
- Coconut Cannon will do an additional 1200 DPS, and its reload time is reduced to 2 seconds.
- Kernel-pult's kernels will do an additional 100 DPS, and its butter duration will increase to 16 seconds.
- Melon-pult's's will do an additional 160 DPS (with an additional 80 DPS being added to its splash damage), and its Plant Food effect will do an additional 400 DPS (with additional splash damage of 40 DPS).
- Sling Pea will have an additional 65 DPS added to its peas (with 30 DPS being added to its splash damage), its Plant Food effect will do an additional 75 DPS (with a splash of 30 DPS being added during the boost), and its Plant Food effect will stun zombies for 1.5 seconds.
- Turkey-pult will have an additional 55 DPS added to her normal projectiles and the turkey level is increased by 7. When boosted by Plant Food, the projectiles will do an additional 110 DPS.
Note that Arma-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Damage||Stun||Projectile Volley|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||300 dps||1200 dps||3 seconds||Four|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||350 dps||Five|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||400 dps||1300 dps||4 seconds||Five|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||450 dps||Six|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||550 dps||1400 dps||5 seconds||Six|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||600 dps||Seven|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||650 dps||1500 dps||6 seconds||Seven|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||700 dps||Eight|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||800 dps||1600 dps||7 seconds||Eight|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||900 dps||Nine|
Arma-mint is very useful in most artillery based strategies, as its effect boosts the damage of all the plants in its family, as well as the recharge of Coconut Cannon and Banana Launcher, making it very effective at clearing out large amounts of zombies. Arma-mints other effect is also good since it can stall the zombies for a decent amount of time, as well as picking off lower health zombies. However, it should be noted that Arma-mint does not fire its projectiles immediately after its planting, so there has to be some planning and good timing when using Arma-mint.
As Arma-mint's family consists almost entirely of lobbed-shot plants, Arma-mint based strategies are very effective in Ancient Egypt and Dark Ages to help avoid tombstones. It is also pretty effective in certain Lost City levels without the Parasol Zombie, as Arma-mint family plants can take advantage of the Excavator Zombie, as well as the Gold Tiles to help generate sun for more expensive plants.
Arma-mint has noteworthy synergies with Banana Launcher, Coconut Cannon, and Melon-pult. When boosted by Arma-mint, Banana Launcher and Coconut Cannon will both do massive damage and reload at extraordinarily high rates, making them excellent at clearing hordes of strong zombies. Melon-pult on the other hand gets a sizable damage increase, making him very effective at clearing out hordes of zombies in general.
Avoid using Arma-mint in "don't lose more than X plants" since it is an instant plant and will vanish quickly.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Arma-mint.
- It and Contain-mint are the only Power Mints so far which can stun zombies.
- Coincidentally, they both are the first Power mints to have an Arena Tournament.
- Despite being lobbed-shot plants, Spore-shroom, Pepper-pult, Sap-fling, Dusk Lobber, Blooming Heart and Winter Melon are not in the Arma-mint family.
- Despite not being a lobbed-shot plant, Coconut Cannon is part of the Arma-mint family, possibly due to its resemblance to an artillery piece.
- Its appearance (multiple mortar barrels) resembles a plant in its family, the A.K.E.E.
- The 7.5.1 update changed its Almanac entry's "Arma-mint family plants" to "Cannon family plants".
- Arma-mint's projectiles appear to resemble peppermint candies.