Appease-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he launches a volley of huge peas that break into smaller peas upon contact with a zombie. He can also boost any Appease-mint Family plants on the lawn by increasing the effectiveness of their properties, such as damage.
Appease-mint Family plants include:
- Split Pea
- Pea Pod
- Red Stinger
- Primal Peashooter
Like other Power Mints, Appease-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 6 seconds.
Appease-mint can be purchased from the Store with 100 mints while he is available.
He is based on the "Lamiaceae," also known as mint.
His name is a portmanteau of "appeasement," meaning "the action or process of appeasing," "pea (as seen by his description, appearance, and ability)," and "mint."
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
PROJECTILE VOLLEY: 3
Appease-mints fire a volley of huge peas that break into smaller peas and provide a temporary boost to all Appease-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Appease-mint Family plants:
Appease-mint takes great umbrage at the notion that he might back down from a fight. "Yes, my name is 'Appease-mint,' but that has more to do with my affinity towards peas than any disinclination to stand up for my beliefs. Rescind your vile calumny this instant, lest I compose a blistering letter of outrage!"
While boosted by Appease-mint, the following plants gain the following effects:
- Bowling Bulb will do an additional 80/240/360 DPS with its small, medium, and large bulbs respectively. It'll also regrow its bulbs in reverse order.
- Dandelion will do an additional 200 DPS. Note that its splash damage will not be affected by Appease-mint.
- Pea Pod will do an additional 150 DPS.
- Peashooter will do an additional 150 DPS.
- Primal Peashooter will do an additional 120 DPS.
- Red Stinger will do an additional 200 DPS while in the back three columns, or an additional 150 DPS in the middle three columns.
- Repeater will do an additional 120 DPS.
- Rotobaga will do an additional 150 DPS.
- Starfruit will do an additional 175 DPS.
- Split Pea will do an additional 175 DPS both forwards and backwards.
- Threepeater will do an additional 120 DPS.
- Torchwood will do an additional 100 DPS for its close-ranged attack and an additional 900 DPS for its lane-wide defeat attack.
- Tumbleweed will do an additional 105 DPS when he collides with a zombie.
Note that Appease-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||100000 dps||10 dps||3||6|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||20 dps||3||6|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||30 dps||3||6|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||40 dps||4||6|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||50 dps||4||7|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||60 dps||4||7|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||70 dps||5||7|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||80 dps||5||8|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||90 dps||5||8|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||100 dps||5||8|
*Appease-mint's Projectiles launch smaller projectiles when they hit a zombie for the first time.
Appease-mint is a good choice in peashooter-based strategies as his boosts can often clear out entire waves of zombies. In particular, Bowling Bulb is a good choice, since he will cause Bowling Bulb to prioritize recharging the orange bulb, while also boosting the damage he deals. Bowling Bulb also has relatively cheap splash damage with a quick recharge, so he is easy to amass. Threepeater is another viable alternative, as its boosted peas deal a good amount of damage.
However, Appease-mint has a lot of weaknesses. Do not use Appease-mint in Dark Ages as mushrooms mostly suit this no sun environment and Appease-mint's peas can be interrupted by Tombstones and deflected by Jester Zombie. In addition, Appease-mint shouldn't be used against Excavator Zombies as their shovels can block Appease-mint's shots and he can easily shovel up Appease-mint plants.
It is not recommended to bring Appease-mint to levels where you can't lose plants since he will disappear after a while.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Appease-mint.
- He appears to have something in his mouth, similar to a Peashooter before he shoots out a pea.
- Despite not being pea plants, Dandelion, Starfruit, Rotobaga, Tumbleweed, Red Stinger, Torchwood and Bowling Bulb are all in the Appease-mint family.
- His promotional artwork displayed Bowling Bulb as a member of his family when Bowling Bulb was actually part of the Enforce-mint family.
- This was changed in the 7.1.3 update.
- Torchwood was added to his family in the 7.6.1 update.
- He has the largest plant family, containing 12 plants.
- Despite being a Power Mint, in the almanac it is separated from the other mints by Shadow Peashooter, Goo Peashooter, and Sling Pea.