Appease-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he launches a volley of huge peas that break into smaller peas upon contact with a zombie. He can also boost any Appease-mint Family plants on the lawn by increasing the effectiveness of their properties, such as damage.
Appease-mint Family plants include:
- Bowling Bulb
- Pea Pod
- Pea Vine
- Primal Peashooter
- Red Stinger
- Split Pea
Like other Power Mints, Appease-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 6 seconds.
Appease-mint can be purchased from the Store with 100 mints while he is available.
His name is a portmanteau of "appeasement," meaning "the action or process of appeasing," "pea" (as seen by his appearance and ability), and "mint."
Appease-mint's name could also be a play on the word "A Pease," an old term that refers to more than one pea.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
PROJECTILE VOLLEY: 3
Appease-mints fire a volley of huge peas that break into smaller peas and provide a temporary boost to all Appease-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Appease-mint Family plants:
Appease-mint takes great umbrage at the notion that he might back down from a fight. "Yes, my name is 'Appease-mint,' but that has more to do with my affinity towards peas than any disinclination to stand up for my beliefs. Rescind your vile calumny this instant, lest I compose a blistering letter of outrage!"
While boosted by Appease-mint, the following plants gain the following effects:
- Bowling Bulb will do an additional 80, 240, 360 DPS with its small, medium, and large bulbs respectively. It will also regrow its bulbs starting with the largest bulb and finishing with the smallest bulb.
- Dandelion will do an additional 200 DPS. Its splash damage will not be affected by Appease-mint.
- Pea Pod will do an additional 150 DPS per pea.
- Pea Vine's peas will deal an additional 110 DPS, and his damage boost is increased to 4x.
- Peashooter will do an additional 150 DPS.
- Primal Peashooter will do an additional 120 DPS.
- Red Stinger will do an additional 200 DPS per petal while in the back three columns, or an additional 150 DPS in the middle three columns. Additionally, he will absorb an additional 2500 DPS while in the front three columns.
- Repeater will do an additional 120 DPS per pea.
- Rotobaga will do an additional 150 DPS per rutabaga.
- Starfruit will do an additional 175 DPS per star.
- Split Pea will do an additional 175 DPS both forwards and backwards.
- Threepeater will do an additional 120 DPS per pea.
- Torchwood will do an additional 100 DPS for its close-ranged attack and an additional 900 DPS for its lane-wide defeat attack.
- Tumbleweed will do an additional 105 DPS when he collides with a zombie. Additionally, his bonus tumbleweed chance is increased by 35% and his knockback chance is increased to 90% while boosted.
Note that Appease-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Normal Damage||Child Damage*||Projectile
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||100000 dps||300 dps||100 dps||3||6|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||300 dps||110 dps||3||6|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||310 dps||110 dps||3||6|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||310 dps||120 dps||4||6|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||320 dps||120 dps||4||7|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||320 dps||130 dps||4||7|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||330 dps||130 dps||5||7|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||330 dps||140 dps||5||8|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||340 dps||140 dps||5||8|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||350 dps||150 dps||5||8|
*Appease-mint's Projectiles launch smaller projectiles when they hit a zombie for the first time.
Appease-mint is a good choice in peashooter-based strategies as his boosts can often clear out entire waves of zombies. In particular, Bowling Bulb is a good choice, since he will cause Bowling Bulb to prioritize recharging the orange bulb, while also boosting the damage it deals. Bowling Bulb also has relatively cheap splash damage with a quick recharge, so it is easy to amass. Threepeater is another viable alternative, as its boosted peas deal a good amount of damage.
However, Appease-mint has a lot of weaknesses. Do not use Appease-mint in Dark Ages as mushrooms mostly suit this no sun environment and Appease-mint's peas can be interrupted by tombstones and deflected by Jester Zombie. In addition, Appease-mint shouldn't be used against Excavator Zombies as their shovels can block Appease-mint's shots and he can easily shovel up Appease-mint plants.
It is not recommended to bring Appease-mint to levels where you can't lose plants since he will disappear after a while, which counts as losing a plant.
- ▲ Damage increased from 10-100 to 300-350.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Appease-mint.
In other languages
- He appears to have something in his mouth, similar to a Peashooter before he shoots out a pea.
- Despite not being pea plants, Dandelion, Starfruit, Rotobaga, Tumbleweed, Red Stinger, Torchwood and Bowling Bulb are all in the Appease-mint family.
- His promotional artwork displayed Bowling Bulb as a member of his family when Bowling Bulb was actually part of the Enforce-mint family.
- This was changed in the 7.1.3 update, when Bowling Bulb became part of his family.
- He has the largest plant family, containing 14 plants.
- Torchwood was added to his family in the 7.6.1 update, most likely because of his relation to peashooting plants. His boost was also changed to increase the damage of his newly-added abilities instead of his toughness.
- He is the only mint that rarely boosts his family's Plant Food effect.
- Despite being a Power Mint, in the Almanac, he was separated from the other mints by Shadow Peashooter, Goo Peashooter, and Sling Pea.
- This was fixed in the 8.6.1 update.