- For other uses, see Starfruit.
Angel Starfruit (天使星星果; pinyin: tiānshǐ xīngxīng guǒ) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. She was released for Children's Day event in May-June 2016. She is a ten-directional version of Starfruit, capable of launching five stars at once, but with the ability to sometimes change her direction by rotating her body.
OriginsAngel Starfruit is based on the real life fruit of the same name, which belongs to the plant Averrhoa carambola, a species of woody plant in the family Oxalidaceae.
Her costume (an angel wing with halo ring) references the fact she has "angel" in her name.
Note: Angel Starfruit's recharge is Fast in-game.
天使星星果 (Angel Starfruit)
Sun cost: 225
Angel Starfruit launches stars in ten directions.
Range Details: Fires in ten directions
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Angel Starfruit will shoot a large amount of stars while rotating.
When costumed, she shoots a mix of red and blue stars. Red stars deal more damage, and blue stars function like ice projectiles, and slows zombies as well as extinguishing flames.
Her use is similar to Starfruit, the difference is that she deals stronger damage and has a chance to change her direction. Plant multiple of them in different columns and rows will help the Angel Starfruits to reach their max potential of shooting in all possible directions at once. It is also recommended to plant her on Power Tiles or use Tile Turnips.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Angel Starfruit.
- She is the second Chinese plant to be based on an existing plant, the first being Sunflower Singer.
- Coincidentally, both of them were released for special events.
- They are both of somewhat royalty (Angel Starfruit being described as a princess, Sunflower Singer as a popstar).
- She has blue eyes and one tooth in the promotional material, but has the same eyes as Starfruit (but with eyelashes) and no teeth in the game.
- She is one of the few plants which cannot be used in PvP Mode.