Ampthurium (电离红掌; pinyin: diànlí hóng zhǎng) is the third plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. They fire electrical balls at zombies. They also absorb the lightning that strikes during gameplay of Sky City, removing the positive or negative charge from plants in 3x3 area and unleashing a powerful attack using that lightning. They are an environment modifier.
Ampthurium are based on anthurium.
Their name comes from "anthurium", the real-life plant they're based on and "amp", short of ampere.
Sun cost: 150
Ampthurium absorbs thunderbolts and attacks in front of zombies.
Special: It absorbs lightning effect around the body.
Plant feature: red plant, 100,000 volts, twin brothersDon't be surprised by Ampthurium's positive and negative electrical knowledge, just look at the two brothers' excellent physics exam scores and you will understand. Yet, they could never understand each other, such as choosing which tie to wear; whether to watch a documentary or a drama; or to go to an Indian restaurant or a Chinese restaurant for a date. At least, they know that without each other, neither of them could wield their electrical charges.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Ampthurium removes charge from all plants who have it and attacks three zombies in front of them with lightning bolts.
They summon one lightning bolt in front of them and two lightning bolts on the tiles adjacent to that lightning bolt.
This plant is recommended in Sky City because they can remove the electric charges of the plants. However, never rely on their attack because it is very very weak. Their upgrades are also optional, because the main use of Ampthurium is to remove the electric charges. It is also not recommended to use them outside of Sky City.
- They and Ganoderma share several similarities:
- Their designs are very similar, with two heads that have the same expressions.
- Their idle animations are very similar to each other's.
- Neither plant's back head attacks.
- They are the only plant obtained in Sky City without a flying ability.
- They are the first plant to have different costumes depending on the version.
- If the level is over and there is a tombstone in their lane, they will continue to attack the tombstone.
- Ampthurium has three different English names. This trait is shared with Aspiragus, Board Beans, Cycloque, Lantern Cherry, Saucer Squash, and Spinnapple.
- Coincidentally, they are all plants from Sky City.
- Ionization Anthurium is the translation of their Chinese name.
- Anthurium is the English name given to them in the Sky City trailer.
- Ampthurium is the official name provided by Colorful Wish, an elite player that works closely with PopCap Shanghai to get better contact with international players.