- For other uses, see Football Zombie.
All-Star Zombie is the fourth zombie encountered in Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Upon entering the lawn, he will ram a plant and walk slowly afterwards. He will also kick any Super-Fan Imps up to the 1-4th columns on contact, and the ramming attack is equivalent to a Gargantuar smash.
A heavy-duty zombie who charges your defensive line.
Damage: charges like a flighty zombie upon entering the lawn and destroys the first plant he meets
Special: slows down and becomes a stiff zombie after tackling a plant
All-Star Zombie is a third-round draft pick and shows a lot of promise, but come on, his salary demands are beyond ridiculous. Ten million brains per year? For FIFTY YEARS?
Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Player's House: Piñata Party
- Modern Day: Days 21, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, 35, 38, 43, 44, Highway to the Danger Room and "Rescue the Gold Bloom" Epic Quest - Step 1
All-Star Zombie absorbs exactly 1100 damage per shot. His appearance changes upon absorbing 575 damage per shot when his arm is lost, before dying at 1100 damage per shot.
As All-Star Zombie's tackle is equivalent to a smash from a Gargantuar, so any wall capable of resisting Gargantuar attacks such as Primal Wall-nut should be effective against All-Star Zombie. Using Explode-O-Nut on this zombie is effective, as one tackle can easily defeat him and clear any zombies in the area. It is even better if it is boosted or if a Plant Food is used on it since it can destroy the zombie and still survive to be triggered once again. Using a Lava Guava is also effective, as the tackle will just trigger the Lava Guava, with the added bonus of leaving a lava puddle. Plus, because of the stiff speed of All-Star Zombies after tackling, he will take far more damage from the lava puddle. He can somehow ram Ghost Pepper which are normally invulnerable to damage, so try something else on him instead.
If the player wishes to defeat an All-Star Zombie quickly, instant-use plants like Cherry Bomb can do well to defeat him instantly. Magnifying Grass can also work, as it takes only two shots from Magnifying Grass to defeat an All-Star Zombie. Cactus, Spikeweed, Spikerock, Celery Stalker or Iceweed are effective in front of hard-shell plants as All-Star Zombie cannot tackle underground plants.
Iceberg Lettuce and Stallia are effective in taking away the All-Star Zombie's charge, as they can still give out its slowing effect when absorbing the zombie's tackling attack when they are hit. Furthermore, they don't cost any sun.
Be warned, as All-Star Zombies can punt the Super-Fan Imp right into the player's defenses, even as far back as to the first column. Like Pirate Captain Zombie, Chicken Wrangler Zombie, and Weasel Hoarder, All-Star Zombies can even use it off-screen Blover can be used to remove the Imps when they are airborne, though this requires extremely precise timing. Overall it is safer to kill the Imps before he can kick them.
It is a good idea to use Plant Food on the plant that All-Star Zombie is about to tackle, because then the plant will survive and waste his tackle and will turn him into a normal zombie without getting one of your plants destroyed. A good idea is to use Plant Food on plants that have a long-duration Plant Food effect, as it will have a higher chance of surviving the tackle.
Infi-nut's force field can absorb seven charging attacks, so if it is still standing, it could block one of them.
Note: Citrons and close-range plants like Bonk Choys, Snapdragons, Wasabi Whips, and Phat Beets are useless when All-Star Zombie is charging as he can reach them fast and destroy them and barely take any damage. Also, do not to use Chili Beans, Garlic, Shadow-shrooms, Sun Beans, Hypno-shrooms or Imp Pears when All-Star Zombies are charging as they can destroy them without being affected. In addition to the aforementioned plants, Ghost Pepper should also be refrained from being used, due to her equally tiny damage range combined to the fact that he can go through her without any further disadvantage.
- ▲ Health increased from 1570 DPS to 1600 DPS
- ▲ Eating DPS increased from 100 DPS per tick to 150 DPS per tick
- ▼ Health decreased from 1600 DPS to 1570 DPS
- ▼ Eating DPS decreased from 150 DPS per tick to 100 DPS per tick
- ▼ Health decreased from 1570 DPS to 1100 DPS
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for All-Star.
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Zumbi All-Star|
- His dying animation is the same as Wizard Zombie.
- When he tackles a plant, a scoring sound can be heard.
- He and Super-Fan Imp are both related to football, and were revealed shortly after Super Bowl 50.
- He can ram an evil potion as they are internally classified as plants.
- If an All-Star Zombie kicks a Super-Fan Imp to a specific column and reaches that exact column, after tackling a plant, he will be stuck in an endless loop in which he will keep kicking the Imp and not move at all, thus preventing the Super-Fan Imp from actually exploding.
- If he runs into a stegosaurus, he will stop charging after he is flung.
- When crumbled to ashes by plants like Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno or Lightning Reed, he is revealed to have the same body type of the Troglobite, Arcade Zombie, Jurassic Bully, Octo Zombie, Jurassic Rockpuncher, and Zombie Medusa.
- Due to a bug, if the player plants Cherry Bomb near him, then a raptor kicks him out of range (observed in Modern Day), he will still die from the explosion.
- Due to a glitch, if he falls after losing his head, his broken arm will expand to his forearm without the hand and bone.
- In the Big Brainz Event, his hand goes through his head. This is a layering error.
- He does not directly destroy Guacodile. When he runs into a Guacodile, it will rush and bite him instantly, but he wouldn't take damage and instead continue charging.
- In Modern Day - Day 30 in the pre 5.9 update a glitch was seen that he could tackle a plant, while not trampling flowers. Evidence can be seen here (at 35:30).
Specific to the Chinese Version
- When the player goes to the screen to buy Sumo Melon's Puzzle Pieces, there is artwork of him in a pose of kicking.