Ail-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, she will poison all zombies on the board. She can also boost Ail-mint Family plants by increasing the effectiveness of their abilities, whilst also boosting their toughness, damage, and more whilst she is on the lawn.
Ail-mint Family plants include:
- Chili Bean
- Blooming Heart
- Goo Peashooter
- Imp Pear
Like other Power Mints, she cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. After 11 seconds, Ail-mint will disappear.
Ail-mint is based on the "Lamiaceae" (also known as "mint").
Ail-mint's name is a pun on the word "ailment," meaning "An illness, typically a minor one." This is a reference to her boosting plants that plague zombies with harmful effects or use spores or fumes (which may or may not be toxic, but last a long time in the air nonetheless).
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Ail-mints poison all zombies when planted and provide a temporary boost to all Ail-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Ail-mint Family plants:
Ail-mint is quick to state that poison should not be taken internally. Or externally, for that matter. Really, just leave it alone. It's poison!
While boosted by Ail-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- Blooming Heart will do an additional 120 DPS to her initial attacks.
- Chili Bean's stun duration is increased by 12 seconds, and he creates ten duplicates with his Plant Food effect regardless of his level.
- Fume-shroom will do an additional 120 DPS, and his Plant Food effect will do an additional 2900 DPS over the duration.
- Garlic can absorb an additional 1200 DPS.
- Goo Peashooter's pea does an additional 75 DPS. Additionally, his poison will do an additional 4 damage per stack, and his Plant Food effect does an additional 132 DPS per tick.
- Imp Pear will deal 90% damage to the Imp Pear Imp it creates when eaten, and its Plant Food effect will now transform up to fifteen zombies on the screen into Imps. If Imp Pear is at level 10, Ail-mint will have no effect.
- Puffball's poison will gain an additional 275 DPS and his stun duration is increased by 10 seconds.
- Puff-shroom will do an additional 110 DPS with his spores, his Plant Food effect will do an additional 30 DPS per spore, and an extra 2 minutes will be added on to his lifespan.
- Spore-shroom's damage will increase by 120 DPS, and its Plant Food effect will do an additional 2800 DPS.
Note that Ail-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Poison Duration||Poison Damage|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||11 seconds||N/A||12 seconds||50 dps|
|2||100||80 seconds||12 seconds||11 seconds||64 dps|
|3||150||80 seconds||13 seconds||10 seconds||80 dps|
|4||200||75 seconds||14 seconds||9 seconds||100 dps|
|5||300||75 seconds||15 seconds||8 seconds||125 dps|
|6||400||75 seconds||16 seconds||7 seconds||157 dps|
|7||500||70 seconds||17 seconds||6 seconds||200 dps|
|8||600||70 seconds||18 seconds||5 seconds||260 dps|
|9||800||70 seconds||19 seconds||4 seconds||350 dps|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||20 seconds||3 seconds||500 dps|
Ail-mint by herself is a fantastic plant, as her ability poisons all zombies on screen when planted, which can very easily defeat all zombies on screen. Ail-mint's plant family is generally pretty weak, but there are a few plants that are effective, especially when boosted, including Fume-shroom, Spore-shroom, and Goo Peashooter. When boosted, these plants can easily wipe out large hordes of zombies, especially when combined with Ail-mint's poison effect.
Ail-mint isn't quite as effective in Far Future because of the high health of the zombies there, making them take a while to defeat.
Remember that it's not advised to bring Power Mints into "Don't lose more than X plants" levels, as they will disappear after a while, which counts as a plant being lost.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Ail-mint.
- She has the longest duration of all the Power Mints, tying with Enchant-mint, at 11-20 seconds
- According to her almanac entry, Perfume-shroom is in the Ail-mint family, although that plant is bugged and isn't affected by this Power Mint.
- Ail-mint appears to be chewing something in her idle animation.