Ail-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, it will poison all zombies on the board. It can also boost Ail-mint Family plants by increasing the effect of their abilities, whilst also boosting their toughness, damage and more whilst it is on the lawn.
Ail-mint Family plants include:
Like other Power Mints, it cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. After 11 seconds, Ail-mint will disappear.
Ail-mint is based on the "Lamiaceae" (also known as "mint").
Ail-mint's name is a pun on the word "ailment," meaning "an illness, typically a minor one." This is a reference to it boosting plants that plague zombies with harmful effects or use spores or fumes (which may or may not be toxic, but last a long time in the air nonetheless).
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Ail-mints poison all zombies when planted and provide a temporary boost to all Ail-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Ail-mint Family plants:
Ail-mint is quick to state that poison should not be taken internally. Or externally, for that matter. Really, just leave it alone. It's poison!
While boosted by Ail-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- Blooming Heart will do an additional 120 DPS.
- Chili Bean's stun duration is increased by 12 seconds, and he creates ten duplicates with his Plant Food effect regardless of his level.
- Fume-shroom will do an additional 120 DPS, and its Plant Food effect will do an additional 2900 DPS over the duration.
- Garlic can absorb an additional 1200 DPS.
- Goo Peashooter's pea does an additional 75 DPS. Additionally, its poison will do an additional 4 damage per stack, and its Plant Food effect does an additional 132 DPS per tick.
- Puff-shroom will do an additional 110 DPS with its spores, it's Plant Food effect will do an additional 30 DPS per spore, and an extra 2 minutes will be added on to its lifespan.
- Spore-shroom's damage will increase by 120 DPS, and its Plant Food effect will do an additional 2800 DPS.
Note that Ail-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Poison Duration||Poison Damage|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||11 seconds||100000 dps||12 seconds||50 dps|
|2||100||80 seconds||12 seconds||11 seconds||64 dps|
|3||150||80 seconds||13 seconds||10 seconds||80 dps|
|4||200||75 seconds||14 seconds||9 seconds||100 dps|
|5||300||75 seconds||15 seconds||8 seconds||125 dps|
|6||400||75 seconds||16 seconds||7 seconds||157 dps|
|7||500||70 seconds||17 seconds||6 seconds||200 dps|
|8||600||70 seconds||18 seconds||5 seconds||260 dps|
|9||800||70 seconds||19 seconds||4 seconds||350 dps|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||20 seconds||3 seconds||500 dps|
Ail-mint by itself is a fantastic plant, as its ability poisons all zombies on screen when planted, which can very easily defeat all zombies on screen. Ail-mint's plant family is generally pretty weak, but there are a few plants that are effective, especially when boosted, including Fume-shroom, Spore-shroom, and Goo Peashooter. When boosted, these plants can easily wipe out large hordes of zombies, especially when combined with Ail-mint's poison effect.
Ail-mint isn't quite as effective in Far Future because of the high health of the zombies there, making them take a while to defeat.
Remember that it's not advised to bring Power Mints into "Don't lose more than X plants" levels, as it will disappear after a while.
- It has the longest duration of all the mints, tying with Enchant-mint.