Aggro Brocco (大力花菜; pinyin: dàlì huācài) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He picks up zombies using a suplex and throws them onto the ground, dealing 200 damage per shot. He can do this twice in a row before having to rest for 15 seconds. He can also work as a defensive plant.
Aggro Brocco is is based on broccoli, an edible green plant in the cabbage family (family Brassicaceae, genus Brassica) whose large flowering head and stalk is eaten as a vegetable.
His Chinese name, "大力花菜", translates to "Vigorous Cauliflower", despite his appearance being based on a Broccoli. This is because "cauliflower" and "broccoli" share a word in Chinese.
His name is a combination of the words "aggro" (a short form of the word "aggressive" or "angry"), referring to his ability and "brocco", the real-life plant his Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance is based on (in which the word "li" was intentionally removed for rhyming purpose).
Note: Aggro Brocco's in-game recharge is Mediocre.
大力花菜 (Aggro Brocco)
Sun cost: 150
Aggro Brocco waves zombies attacking in the front and rear.
Range Details: One tile from it
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, he pulls a nearby zombie to him, tussles it, and flings it off the screen.
When fed with Plant Food, he does his same old Plant Food effect but will proceed to toss the zombie back at others when finished tussling.
List of zombies it cannot grab
- Gargantuar variants
- Imp Cannon
- Prospector Zombie
- Pianist Zombie
- Zombie Bull
- Treasure Yeti
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Disco-tron 3000
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Shield Zombie
- Wizard Zombie
- Zombie King
- Archmage Zombie
- Cavalry Zombie
- Octo Zombie
- Fisherman Zombie
- Shell Zombie
- Walrus Zombie
- Zombie Fighter
- Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombie
- Arcade Zombie
- Jurassic Bully
- Solar Car Zombie
- Coal Miner Zombie
- God of Wealth
- Lion Dancer Zombie
- Toy Car Imp Child
- Zombies that are encased in amber due to Sap-fling's upgrade
- Frozen zombies
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Aggro Brocco.
- When Plant Food is used on costumed Aggro Brocco, he makes the same noise that Bonk Choy (when twirling the zombie around) and Citron make when given Plant Food (when throwing the zombie).
- When he attacks, he makes the same noise Squash makes (when the zombie hits the ground from the suplex).
- With Plant Food, he can even grab a Zombie Parrot (as he is normally unable to), and toss it like his costumed Plant Food projectile (if costumed).
- He and Ampthurium are the only two Chinese exclusive plants that have multiple costumes.
- In Aggro Brocco's case, he wears a superhero mask on Android and a Santa hat on iOS.
- In Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, Aggro Brocco is based on cauliflower, a related and similar-looking vegetable variety of the same species as broccoli.