Aggro Brocco (大力花菜; pinyin: dàlì huācài) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. He picks up zombies using a suplex and throws them onto the ground, dealing about 260 damage per shot. He can do this twice in a row before having to rest for 15 seconds. He can also work as a defensive plant.
Aggro Brocco in Journey to the West is based on a cauliflower, an annual plant that reproduces by seed and a vegetable. Whereas his appearance in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 is based on a broccoli.
His Chinese name for both versions, "大力花菜", translates to "Vigorous Cauliflower", despite his appearance in Plants vs. Zombies 2 being based on a Broccoli. This is because " "cauliflower" and "broccoli" share a word in Chinese.
His name is a combination of the words "aggro" (a short form of the word "agressive" or “angry”), referring to his ability and "brocco", the real-life plant his Plants vs. Zombies 2 appearance is based on (in which the word "li" was intentionally removed for rhyming purpose).
Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
Grabs nearby zombies, throws them to the back, and then throws them back in front of it, with the probability of directly throwing the zombie off screen
Normal Attack Range: one tile
Normal Attack Damage: normal
Special Attack Range: one tile
Special Attack Damage: heavy
Aggro Brocco once dreamed of becoming a superhero, just like the ones he saw on the comic books he read. For this he rejected the proposal from the cute tomato, joined the judo club in his school, training his martial arts in his lessons and after school... And finally, he received his retention letter.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Note: Aggro Brocco's in-game recharge is Mediocre.
大力花菜 (Aggro Brocco)
Sun cost: 150
Aggro Brocco waves zombies attacking in the front and rear.
Range Details: One tile from it
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, he pulls a nearby zombie to him, tussles it, and flings it off the screen.
When fed with Plant Food, he does his same old Plant Food effect but will proceed to toss the zombie back at others when finished tussling.
List of zombies it cannot grab (Plants vs. Zombies 2 only)
- Treasure Yeti
- Archmage Zombie
- Zombie King
- Imp Cannon
- Zombie Bull
- Gargantuar variants
- Robo-Cone Zombie
- Mecha-Football Zombie
- Disco-tron 3000
- Pianist Zombie
- Prospector Zombie
- Fisherman Zombie
- Lion Dancer Zombie
- God of Wealth
- Zombies that are encased in amber due to Sap-fling's upgrade
- Frozen zombies
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Aggro Brocco.
- He and Grave Buster are the only plants in the franchise to be different species of plants between games.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
- His seed packet was the same as one for an upgrade plant, even though it was not an upgrade plant.
- When he grabbed a Snorkel Zombie, it only showed the head.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Despite being based on a broccoli, his Chinese name still translates to "Vigorous Cauliflower". This is because "cauliflower" and "broccoli" are the same word in Chinese.
- When Plant Food is used on costumed Aggro Brocco, he makes the same noise that Bonk Choy (when twirling the zombie around) and Citron make when given Plant Food (when throwing the zombie).
- When he attacks, he makes the same noise Squash makes (when the zombie hits the ground from the suplex).
- With Plant Food, he can even grab a Zombie Parrot (as he is normally unable to), and toss it like his costumed Plant Food projectile (if costumed).
- He and Ampthurium are the only two Chinese exclusive plants that have multiple costumes.
- In Aggro Brocco's case, he wears a superhero mask on Android and a Santa hat on iOS.