He can attack solo and function as a fast moving scout class, transform into an Oak and operate as a slow moving explosive class, or ride on top of an Oak as an Acorn Passenger and function as a playable mounted turret.
Acorns work best when they attack in groups. Transform into Oak, and load up with Acorn passengers who'll get increased firepower and survivability.
Shell Shot (Solo)
Treetop Turret (Passenger)
Acorn Passenger's primary weapon is the Treetop Turret, which fires wood chunks, but each chunk only deals 5 damage (6 critical) and fires at a rate of 800 RPM (rounds per minute). To compensate for the reduced damage, Treetop Turret has infinite ammo. It can't be fired for too long though, as it can overheat (similarly to the All-Star's Football Cannon).
|Damage||Rate of fire||Reload time||Spread rate||Projectile speed|
|4.8||525 RPM||1.3 s||1.65||500 m/s|
|Launch a sticky knockback explosive. Press [left button] to detonate.|
|Transform into an Oak. Joinable by up to 3 additional Acorns.|
|Quickly spin in the direction you're moving.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Cover larger area with Roll for Damage.
Increases Roll for Damage's area coverage by 75%.
Slow enemies who are near Super Sap Trap.
Knock enemy away when hit by Roll for Damage ability.
Briefly reduce incoming damage by earning a critical vanquish. Can stack 3 times.
Reduces incoming damage by 15% for 5 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy. Stacks up to 2 times for a total of 30% damage resistance.
Hold more Shell Shot and Wood Grief ammo. Treetop Turret overheats more slowly.
Increases Shell Shot ammo to 50 rounds and Wood Grief ammo to 14 rounds.
Faster health regeneration.
Doubles health regeneration rate.
Health Regeneration Delay
Reduced time between taking damage and when health regeneration activates.
Reduces the time required to start health regeneration by half.
Knock enemies farther away with Acorn's Sap Trap.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Gain ammo for Shell Shot weapon by using Acorn Dash ability.
Adds 16 rounds to Shell Shot upon using the Acorn Dash ability.
Move faster when at low health.
Increases movement speed by 20% upon reaching 20% HP or below.
Increased max health.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Sap Trap refreshes faster if it doesn't deal any damage.
Reduces the cooldown duration of Sap Trap to 11.75 seconds if it does not hit an enemy.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Heal yourself and the Oak at faster rate with Lumber Support.
Heals yourself at a rate of 16.667 HP per 0.1 seconds for 0.8 seconds and the Oak at a rate of 40 HP per 0.1 seconds for 0.5 seconds.
Gain ammo for Shell Shot by dealing damage.
Move faster for a short time by earning a vanquish.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 3 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy.
As an Acorn Passenger, you can make an Oak much more dangerous. He can attack zombies that the Oak is ignoring or add up extra firepower against the same target. Use Lumber Support to keep an Oak in the fight longer. Getting three Passengers on a single Oak can make the Oak a lot tankier.
However this doesn't make you invincible. Acorns can take damage while riding an Oak and even be vanquished before the Oak itself. Make sure to use your Lumber Support to heal yourself as well as Oak so you can keep riding and supporting it.
Tips & Tricks
- ▲ Shell Shot's damage increased from 3.89 to 4.8.
- ▲ Shell Shot's bullet spread rate decreased from 1.8 to 1.65.
- ▲ Treetop Turret's damage increased from 2.04 to 3.25.
- ▼ Treetop Turret's rate of fire decreased from 1000 RPM to 800 RPM.
- ▲ Treetop Turret's overheat rate decreased from 0.2 to 0.18.
- ▲ Increase Shell Shot damage 4.8->6.6
- ▲ Increase Shell Shot projectile speed post drag period 250->350
- ▲ Decrease Shell Shot projectile spread when jumping
- ▲ Decrease Shell Shot recoil when moving
- ▲ Decrease Shell Shot recoil when aiming
- ▲ Increased Shell Shot ammo 40->45
- ▲ Treetop Turret damage increased 3.25->4.6
- ▲ Increase Treetop Turret heat dissipate rate 0.4->0.66
- ▲ Decrease Treetop Turret overheat penalty 2.0->0.75
- ▲ Reduce Sap Trap ability refresh time 15->9
- ▲ Increase Sap Trap splash damage 60 ->65
- ▼ Decreased velocity of Shell Shot
- Decreased projectile speed from 500 m/s (1640.42 ft/s) to 390 m/s (1279.53 ft/s)
- ▲ Fixed flight path and increased initial velocity of Sap Trap
- Removed projectile spawn bone offset
- Forced projectile spawn to camera
- Decreased upward projectile speed from 4.5 m/s (14.76 ft/s) to 2.5 m/s (8.2 ft/s)
- Increased forward projectile speed from 30 m/s (98.43 ft/s) to 50 m/s (164.04 ft/s)